Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Unexpected Text Message

I deleted his number. Of course, I still know his area code, just in case he creeps back in. Tonight, he did. I got a text message from He Who Shall Not Be Named asking me how goes it? Hmmm...how goes it? Last month, you came into town and I slept with you. I don't know why I thought anything would be different because it's been a month since I've heard from you. And before we slept together last month, several months since you called me. I tried to cut him off, but he's that guy for me...the one you can't get away from, still think about, wonder what if? Does everyone have a person like this in their lives?

I have come to learn via text with He Who Shall Not Be Named that he is now living in a city I would love to be living in. I finally said outloud today something I think about all the time. I hope that in several years we will run into one another again and will be together. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but there is just something about him. For some reason I can't get away from him, no matter how much I want to or tell myself I want to. Whatever the outcome, the text was nice to at least know he thinks about me randomly on this Tuesday, like how he creeps into my life everyday.

6 comments:

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Ummm... I have TOTALLY been there, girl. There are just some guys who will always be "it" for you, even if you know they're bad news.

And they ALWAYS pop up when you least expect.

I've written about a few on my blog, including The Divorcee and The Mouse. And you know what? The Mouse effing texted me today out of the blue.

Maybe there's a full moon or something.

d said...

Can you possibly flip it on him? Whenever I'm in that situation, I work really hard to put it into my control.

For instance. He may not call you or text for months, but you don't call or text him either. Try to not be available this time he comes around and see how he deals with the rejection. If he disappears altogether then he isn't worth it.

If he doesn't disappear, he won't be so distant if he doesn't know what you're doing or that you aren't as available. You need to put your foot down, my dear. It's not fair to you.

Famously Single said...

Maybe we didn't get the message about being the day to text your ex?

I didn't text him back. He's going to have to work for it this time!

Ashley said...

Seems like everyone does have someone like that, that we always wonder about... this was my favorite part:

"Whatever the outcome, the text was nice to at least know he thinks about me randomly on this Tuesday, like how he creeps into my life everyday."

EXACTLY! so true.

Whatever happens in the future, it'll all work out the way it is supposed to.

Anonymous said...

I have yet to meet a woman who has not had "that guy", the one that for some reason you think you have some magical connection to. The one that you secretly hope will one day change his ways and realize how wonderful you are. In my experience, we never REALLY get over that guy until we find one better... "the one". Don't give up hope, but don't hold onto the great ideal that this guy will someday become what you want him to be. Been there, done that... it takes way too long to move on!!

Anonymous said...

Boy, I'm just so glad I read this post.

I thought I was the only one with the Just-Can't-Let-Go-Of-Him syndrome.